|Job Opening:||Head of School||School Location:||Okemos, Michigan|
|Full/Part Time:||Full-Time||Position Begins:||July 2019|
|Employment Type:||12 Month Contract Position (with reduced summer hours)||Reports To:||Board of Trustees|
|Posting Begins:||Tues, November 20, 2018||Posting Ends:||Mon, December 10, 2018|
How To Apply
A cover letter is required to apply for this position and should be the first page of your resume. We ask the cover letter outline your specific interest in this position and summarize your skills and experience pertaining to this career opportunity. In addition, we require a statement of educational philosophy and three references to accompany your application.
Please submit all required application materials by Monday December 10, 2018 to: [email protected]
As the Head of School, you will be responsible for providing leadership to and working collaboratively with staff, parents, and children. You will also be responsible for effective communication and collaboration with the Board of Trustees.
- Executing efficient management of the school and overseeing day-to-day operations
- Ensuring the school is operating in accordance with state licensing standards
- Implementing the strategic plan for the school
- Implementing our mission while respecting and maintaining our collaborative school culture
- Building a strong community with staff, parents, and children
- Overseeing financial operations and monitoring budget
- Maintaining/growing enrollment
- Recruiting and developing faculty and staff
- Resolving challenging student/parent issues
- Performing other job-related duties as assigned by the Board of Trustees
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Montessori (AMI or MACTE accredited program) diploma
- At least 7 years of Montessori education experience
- Meets the necessary State of Michigan requirements for Early Childhood program directors
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- Proficiency with computers and common-office programs
- Experience in school administration, or other business industry
- Demonstrated expertise with computers and common-office programs
- Demonstrated expertise in problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to deal with “people from all walks of life“
- A growth mindset
The salary for this position is competitive, commensurate with education and experience. Benefits include: a cafeteria benefit package, long term disability and life insurance.
About Montessori Radmoor School
We are Mid-Michigan’s premier Montessori School. Founded in 1968, Montessori Radmoor School is an AMI affiliated school and is located on 9 wooded acres near the campus of Michigan State University. The school enrolls 155 students from ages 18 months to 12 years of age with toddler through upper elementary communities.
It is the people that make our school an exceptional place for your child to learn and grow. Montessori Radmoor School respects the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of each individual and does not discriminate in the administration of any of its programs or policies on any basis including but not limited to ethnicity, family structure, gender identity, geographic origins, race, religion, and sexual orientation.
Our mission is: Children will discover their unique potential by living the Montessori lifestyle hand in hand with parents and staff.
Please visit our website at: https://www.montessoriradmoor.org